Compensation and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive package of generous compensation and benefits programs that are regularly reviewed to keep them at competitive levels.
We reward top performers with career advancement opportunities, and compensation is commensurate with performance and position. We maintain compensation programs designed to support our strategic objectives of attracting and retaining well-qualified and highly skilled employees.
Vulcan offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive medical insurance plan for employees and dependents
- Prescription drug benefits for employees and dependents
- Dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Behavioral health benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee assistance program
- Vision care insurance for employees and dependents
- Company-paid basic life and accident insurance
- Optional life and accident insurance for employees and dependents
- Optional critical illness and hospital indemnity plans for employees and dependents
- Short-term disability income plan
- Long-term disability income plan
- Health care flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Ten paid holidays
- Paid vacation
We offer an award winning 401(k) Plan that includes:
- 401(k) Match on the first 6% of compensation
- Annual Employer Contribution
- Before Tax, After Tax and Roth Contributions
- Immediate Eligibility
- Financial Advisory Services
We also offer additional work/life benefits that include:
- Matching gifts for financial contributions to qualifying educational, cultural organizations and hospitals.
- College scholarship program for exceptionally talented students who are children of Vulcan employees.
- Employee service award program for recognition of five-year service milestones.
The following link contains information related to Vulcan Materials group health plan and leads to machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule. The files include negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. Please note that the files are not meant for use in search of rates, benefits, or providers of the medical plan. For more information, please contact the benefits team at 800-654-7321.