Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
As approved by the Board, Vulcan’s SHE policy applies companywide, including all subsidiaries. It affirms that Vulcan will be a responsible steward with respect to the safety, health and environmental impact of our operations and products. Accordingly, we will:
- Strive to produce our products safely and make concern for public health and the protection of the environment integral parts of Vulcan’s operations.
- Endeavor to provide employees with a safe and healthy working environment.
- Reduce waste, conserve energy and recycle materials, to the extent practicable, and dispose of, or treat, waste responsibly.
- Provide education, training and leadership to employees to enable and motivate them to understand and comply with applicable law and these policies.
- Conduct reviews of safety, health and environmental practice at Vulcan facilities to verify compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to identify and correct operational practices that might impair safety, health or environmental quality at such facilities or in the neighborhoods in which we operate.
- Promote responsible stewardship of our products with carriers, distributors and customers.
- Promote the adoption of, and adherence to, sound safety, health and environmental practices by on-site contractors and tenants, directing where appropriate that contractors and tenants take corrective actions.
- Advocate the development of reasonable, scientifically sound and cost-effective safety, health and environmental laws and regulations that are based on realistic assessments of risk.
- Support and encourage the development of sound safety, health and environmental standards and practices in the industries in which Vulcan participates.