Compensation and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive package of generous compensation and benefits programs that are regularly reviewed to keep them at competitive levels.
We reward top performers with career advancement opportunities, and compensation is commensurate with performance and position. We maintain compensation programs designed to support our strategic objectives of attracting and retaining well-qualified and highly skilled employees.
Vulcan offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive medical insurance plan for employees and dependents
- Prescription drug benefits for employees and dependents
- Dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Behavioral health benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee assistance program
- Vision care insurance for employees and dependents
- Company-paid basic life and accident insurance
- Optional life and accident insurance for employees and dependents
- Short-term sick pay plan
- Long-term disability income plan
- Health care flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Ten paid holidays
- Paid vacation
We offer a 401(k) and Profit Sharing Retirement Plan that includes company matching on the first six percent of pay that is contributed by an employee and a Profit Sharing Contribution that is posted to employee accounts after the end of the year in the form of a lump sum.
We also offer additional work/life benefits that include:
- Matching gifts for financial contributions to qualifying educational, cultural organizations and hospitals.
- College scholarship program for exceptionally talented students who are children of Vulcan employees.
- Employee service award program for recognition of five-year service milestones.